Sunday, August 1, 2010

Damn You Cookie Sheet!

I was on a baking roll and decided to make homemade chocolate chip cookies today.
Here's the recipe I made:

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

For the most part they came out yummy, EXCEPT, I bought a new cookie sheet and the cookies I made on that sheet (I was using 2 different sheets) burned on the bottom! hmmmph! Initially I thought I had put them in too long, but then realized that they were still black on the bottom. WTH? The others were fine, yet the batches on the new sheet were caca.  I think the new sheet I bought is a piece of crap. Too thin maybe?
I wonder if next time I layer it with foil if it will help.

I didn't get a chance to take any pics because I was so disappointed. The ones that were not burnt came out pretty yummy and the hubs has no problem eating about 6 cookies in 1 minute....so is that a compliment? ha.

I'm going to have to bake these again and see if covering the pan makes a difference.
Anyone have good advice for this (aside from "just throw the sheet away"), I'll take it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment