Friday, August 27, 2010

Pretty in Pink - Chocolate Fudge w/ Raspberry Buttercream

Last night Mr. Sweet Toof asked about raspberry buttercream frosting.  I have yet to work with fresh fruit in my icing so I thought, what the heck, let's give it a shot.

I made chocolate cupcakes with a raspberry buttercream and it can't out pretty good.  ( He said these were better than my Snickerdoodle cupcakes! )

They came out ok. Reason I said "ok" is the cake was yummy, very chocolate-y, but I wasn't completely satisfied with the raspberry buttercream HOWEVER, I found my mistake. I used frozen raspberries instead of "fresh".  The consistency wasn't as "thick" and it should've been, but that explains it since using frozen berries contains more water.  So here are my recipes for both the cupcakes and buttercream.  Remember use FRESH (not frozen) and you should be fine.  The taste was still fab :)

Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes (makes 12)

3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup all-purpose
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter room temp
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream

Raspberry Buttercream Frosting (makes about 2 cups)

1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup FRESH (not frozen) raspberries
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
16 oz powdered sugar

Fresh out of the oven.....mmm can you smell it?


Tadah!!! So Pink!


No comments:

Post a Comment