Saturday, August 7, 2010

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes? Done! Banana Bread? Done!

So I couldn't decide which to make, so what did I do? I made both (are you surprised haha).

First I made the banana bread.  This was fun to make.  We usually use a bread maker to make our breads so this was the first time I was baking one from scratch using the oven.

Here is the recipe:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

Here's the batter at work in the mixer


Ready to go in the oven!

and the final product
It's delicious!!! It came out just a tad darker than I'd like so next time I'll probably tweak the temp/cooking time but regardless, it's yum!! I'm sticking to this recipe.  I would've added walnuts but hubby hates walnuts...boooo..

Ok on so the Snickerdoodle Cupcakes! These are a take off the famous Snickerdoodle cookies which are sugar buttery cookies rolled in cinnamon. YUM!

Here's the recipe:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups cake flour (not self- rising), sifted
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, plus 1/2 teaspoon for dusting
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 3/4 cups sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for dusting
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups milk

They filled the cups nicely


All done!!!


I iced them with a new buttercream recipe I found and sprinkled them with the Sugar N' Cinnamon I found today.  The cake was so deelish! Love the cinnamon kick.  Mr. Sweet TooF ate 3, YES THREE, in a row. I guess they're good haha.

I'm freaking EXHAUSTED.  I'm done baking for the week....or am I? haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment