Friday, August 13, 2010

Red Velvet Love



Tonight I made a cake simply "for the sake of eating" as  sweet tooF put it.  He said "this one doesn't have all that crazy fondant on it, it's just to eat" haha.

Well he is right.  As he reminded me yesterday, he ate the last cupcake (aka we ran out of baked goods) and it was his way of saying "more please".

So tonight I made a Red Velvet cake, Buttercream filling, and Whipped Cream icing.  This was the first time I made homemade whipped cream.  It was SO easy! (and yummmmm-o)  I know the "classic" red velvet is covered with cream cheese frosting but I really wasn't in the mood for anything heavy.  The whipped cream was so light and fluffy and best part, it was so easy to make!

Here's the recipe:

2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
1/2 Cup Powder Sugar
2 Tbsp Vanilla

That's it! Oh and here's a secret - for good consistency, chill your mixing bowl and your beater in the freezer or 10 minutes before making it.  Something about the cold helps.

Anyway, enough of the blah blah blah... here it the cake!

Mixing up the whipped cream

All done! Nothing fancy. Just a "cake for eating" LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment