Monday, August 23, 2010

Toy Story Fun!

So when I realized my nephew's 4th birthday was coming up, I knew I wanted to make a fun cake for him.
His party theme was Toy Story! (seems to be a popular choice this summer).  I was so excited to make this and couldn't wait to get started.  I decided on my nephew's favorite flavor, chocolate! or as he calls it "choc-lick" haha (what kid doesn't want a chocolate cake right?) I used a vanilla buttercream filling and covered it in marshmallow fondant. First tier was 3 layers, second tier was 2.  All chocolate goodness.

Here's the final product!







I bought little Toy Story figurines and placed them around the cake (the little army men climbing the cake are my fav!) I found candy icings,  placed a couple on the cake,  added a Buzz Lightyear candle and tadahhhh.....all done!

We also had cupcakes for the kiddos.  I topped them with buttercream, added sprinkles and topped it with candy icing. So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment