Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mobile Recipe Box? There's an app for that!

Ok you're probably sick of that slogan but it's true! haha

If you're anything like me, you rely on your cell phone for MORE than making calls (in fact I hardly use it AS a phone as I barely make calls.  No it's not that I don't have friends either - haha)

Ive been having a tough time finding a place to "store" my recipes and in this day and age, a recipe box just isn't convenient for me (paper? what is paper? hehee) So of course I pull out my trust iPhone and found an app! Most apps they have are actual recipe apps where you can look up several different recipes and save them, BUT this is different. This is JUST a place to store recipes. I LOVE IT! You can customize everything from recipe category, add pictures, look up measurements, etc. It's called My Recipes. There's a "lite" version that is free, however, it doesn't have as many options as the full version which is only .99 cents (c'mon what's a buck in the name of making baking easier right? get on it).
Here are some screen shots (not mine but you get the picture):


Now when I need a recipe, I pull out my phone. 
Need my Red Velvet recipe? BAM, pull out my phone.
Oh what's that?  You want to know what's in my pumpkin bread? BAM, pull out my phone.

In the words of Ben Stiller "DO IT", "DO IT".

**In no way am I an Apple representative and I'm not getting paid to endorse this app ( I wish I was). DO IT.

2 comments: