Monday, November 15, 2010

Mini Pumpkin Loafs

As mentioned in my last post, I picked up the lovely little mini loaf pan from Sur La Table. I was so excited to use it (I've wanted this little sucker for some time now). 

I used a recipe for pumpkin bread that was recommended to me and all I have to say is THANK YOU!!! This is by far the best pumpkin bread recipe I've had. Now let me tell you, there is nothing fancy about this recipe, nothing in it that most others don't have, but for some reason this recipe was extra moist and extremely flavorful - the pan helped too I'm sure.  The recipe calls for chopped walnuts, but sweet tooF doesn't like walnuts so I made it w/out. 

Here is the recipe:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup olive oil
2 eggs beaten
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Bake at 350.  This recipe makes 1 loaf baked at 50-60 mins (you could easily double for more) and if you're using the mini loaf pan like I did, it was exactly enough for 8 mini loafs baked at 25-30 mins. 
**For detailed recipe email me TreatsBySweetB@gmail.com **

Here it is ready to for some oven lovin'
 All done! So golden brown :)


These were so deeeeelish!!! I highly recommend this recipe. It will definitely warm anyone's tummy.  The pan is a plus, makes them bite size! Ok, more like 4 bites size :)

No comments:

Post a Comment