Friday, November 5, 2010

Make Your Own Cake Plate!

With the CupcakeCamp coming up, I had to figure out how I'd display my cupcakes.  I have 2 cupcake plates and a cupcake tree but with the amount of cupcakes I'm making no way will that be enough.  So the other day I was browsing one of my fav stores The Dollar Tree!  I ran across a section of glassware and I saw some plates. Then later I saw they sold glass candle holders and DING DING DING a lightbulb went off in my head (yes, that's what it sounds like when a lightbulb turns on) and I thought I could use the two to make my own cake plates!

So I bought a couple candle holders and 2 plates and IT WORKED!
Check it out:

my stuff (hey what do you expect for $1 fine china?)
 Trusty ol' glue gun

 make sure its on tight, flip it upside down and push down hard for a few more seconds.
 and VOILA!!!!

how awesome is this? 2 cake plates for 4 bucks! and we all know cake plates are NOT cheap. Can't wait to take pics of all my cupcakes on them, frosted and ready to go!

1 comment: