Monday, November 8, 2010

Cupcake Camp Inland Empire!

This weekend was the big cupcake event Cupcake Camp IE held at the GORGEOUS Mission Inn Hotel and it was a great success! Bakers from all around brought their delicious treats for a great cause, the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.  Each baker had their own cupcake "booth" and patrons paid a donation of $10 which included 4 cupcakes of their choice.  Let me first start off by saying I couldn't have done this without the help of my awesome sister!!! She was a great assistant (and may I add a great baker too!)
The minimum for "amateur" bakers was 60 cupcakes (professional bakers had to provide at least 300 yikes!). Initially I thought that would be way too many for me to make, but I started baking on Tuesday and by Friday I have over 80 cupcakes! The flavors I went with were:

Red Velvet w/Cream Cheese
Snickerdoodle w/Cinnamon Buttercream
Cookies n' Cream w/ Cream Cheese topped with a mini Oreo cookie!

The morning of the event was a bit hectic in the Sweet B household. I left the frosting for the very last minute (working with cream cheese I've learned it's VERY temperamental and could melt at any time and just look like a big white blob).  Ok, so cupcakes were frosted and ready to go. As we arrived, people everywhere with boxes of yummy treats! As we unloaded I realized some of my red velvets had tipped over and frosting was ruined :(  I lost a good 10-12 cuppies. DAMN! ( I used two different red velvet recipes and of course the ones that came out better were the ones that were ruined effffffff) So set up was fun, there was pink everywhere!! It was so cute! Some people had awesome stands, colorful, creative, it was great.  This being my first "real" event I had no idea what to expect (but I picked up some awesome tips for next time that's for sure).

Doors opened and in came the herd of people. It was PACKED! The most popular flavor was Cookies n' Cream, they went like hotcakes! In fact I ran out of those.  Then the red velvet (that seemed to be a pretty popular flavor with all the bakers) those were gone too.

It was a great event, I LOVED being a part of it and am so glad I participated.  During the event I was asked several times for my business card and was also asked if I wanted to participate in other events! (woohoo!!)

AnyHOO,  here the pics from the event. Enjoy!!! ( I know I did!!)

My table sign 

My red velvets and topper

My Snickerdoodle

My Cookies n' Cream and toppers


My Cupcake Tree with all of my goodies! 

My Table

Here are some pics of the other booths:













2 comments:

  1. This was such a great event, what great photos you took - you completely captured it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! Stumbbled on to your site, it's really cute, especially the "nude cupcake" image hahaha
    Cupcake camp sounds so awesome! of only there was such a thing around me!

    :]

    ReplyDelete