Sunday, July 18, 2010

Baby Noah is Here!

The anticipated arrival of baby Noah James is here!! My dear friends Patricia and Jasen welcomed their little love bundle on 7/12/10!  So what did I bring the new parents? A cake! (did you think I was going to say diapers or something?) Patricia commented on how much she loved my first fondant cake and wanted one so of course the birth of her beautiful baby boy was the perfect time!

I made a 3 layered chocolate fudge cake with home made buttercream frosting and of course, marshmallow fondant!  
I absolutely LOVE how it came it!!! Let me tell you, I originally tried to find the footprint cookie cutter but no go, so I had to draw and cut these little feet and toes by hand.  It was a struggle at first, I tried an exacto knife then later realized good ol' fashioned scissors worked.  I wrapped a pretty little satin brown and blue polka dot ribbon, added his name and done!
I'm finding it easier and easier to make these cakes with every one I'm making.  It's true what they say, practice makes perfect!! 

Oh and there is no way I can end this post without posting a pic of the cutest little man EVER!!!
Introducing Noah James :)

                         



No comments:

Post a Comment