Friday, February 4, 2011

Makin' Whoopie

The other night I wanted to make something quick and different.  For Christmas I was given some yummy baking goods and I wanted to put some to use.  One of the fab gifts I received was a kit that included a Whoopie Pie kit!  Now, I've never made Whoopie Pie so I was looking forward to this new adventure (oh that and sweet tooF kept dropping hints about me makin' them).

I threw the damn box away so I don't remember the brand of the kit (and yes it was a kit. Sometimes I take the quick and dirty route, a box kit "GASP" I know).

Needless to say they came out yummy!

I used a regular baking sheet to get them started:

bake for approx 7 minutes and done!

while cooling, I whipped up the filling which is a typical buttercream frosting
and all done!!

The ingredients were easy, just add water, oil, butter, and eggs to the batter mix.  Then milk and powdered sugar to the frosting mix.

If you're ever in the mood to make whoopie, and who isn't right?!, these puppies took a total of 15-20 minutes to make! Easy peasy. Oh and apparently sweet tooF liked them as he ate THREE in a row.  I promise you folks, he does not weight 300lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment